We are loving being home with Logan. Our home has had a makeover, and it’s fabulous. Everything is a little messier, and there are random piles of burp cloths, diapers, and baby things everywhere. It’s great. We get to wake up to this sweet face.
And sometimes this face . . .
Which is still pretty cute, if you ask me.
We’re learning his cries and his grunts and what he’s trying to tell us. We’re new at all this, but learning more about him each day.
A few things we’ve learned in our first week or so of parenting . . .
- One cannot have too many wipes, paper towels, and onesies. There’s alot of clean up with these little ones.
- If I need something, it’s definitely going to be on the opposite floor from where I am – upstairs or downstairs. Since the C section has made moving around pretty slow, this leads to the next point . . .
- Who needs a gym when you have a newborn, a wife who can’t run upstairs, and a two story house? Jake has learned to scale the steps in a few seconds flat to go grab that boppy, or blanket, or whatever. He is the best!
- Moms are great. Mine is pretty fabulous and has kept us set up with cleaning and laundry. And babies have a good bit of laundry.
- There is nothing sweeter than a sleeping angel. And Moms and Dads will do alot of things to get to that sweet sleeping point. We have swaddlled, and swayed, fed and danced, and even rapped. It turns out that Logan really appreciates the theme from “Fresh Prince of Bel Air.” Yes, we sang this once at a 3 am changing and it was a huge hit. (Not sure how we got to that song, but we were a little giddy). Logan, be proud that your parents are fantastic rappers.
He also loves his swing.
And he is very alert. He loves to look around at patterns, especially stripes. The green quilt made by Mom is his favorite.
We love our sweet boy!